BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwich

>> Thursday, June 21, 2007

Oh my goodness! I had the most delicious sandwich experience today. It was so good that when I came home, Sid licked my hand (the one that was holding the sandwich) - a lot. So you're probably wondering where and what. I'll tell yas...

We were casually cruising by on the motorcycle when we spotted something to the left. An empty lot with several cars and a big, black truck with a trailer attached to it. I saw that the trailer had somethings that looked like a smoker and a grill with top. My brain screamed 'Roadside BBQ'!

It was here that we had this amazing beef brisket sandwich on a roll. For $7, you'd get a big mound (like maybe over half-pound) of pink & brown, well seasoned and smokey-flavored meat. The seedless kaiser roll was really good too. It worked really well with the brisket. It wasn't too fluffy or spongy. Good complement. I really wanted the baby back ribs, but I'm so glad we decided to split the brisket. It was so yum, that we made pigs of ourselves and split another - exactly the same. Damn, good food makes me happy. The only downside to this experience was that I ate way too fast (it was piping hot) and the blister that formed on the roof of my mouth popped (and with a little sting) as I was scootering later in the day.

Oh, there's another downside, for some reason - now I'm not saying it was the brisket - but, but when I came home I had to run to the bathroom. And even after spending a good part of the afternoon in the bathroom (pardon the tmi), I would still definitely go back and eat another beef brisket sandwich without hesitation. I love sandwiches. And that was the best beef brisket sandwich I ever had.

All Smoked Up BBQ
Beekman NY
(Along Route 55 - road side)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP