Self-Rising Crust Pizza Review

>> Saturday, June 16, 2007

So who doesn't like pizza? Everybody likes it. Grandmas, adults, small children and dogs (and my dead cat Sonny - he was usually a very picky eater. He didn't eat stuff that you'd think cats did. But when it came to pizza, he'd sit on top of the box until I gave him a piece of crust.)

And not too long ago, my brother and sister-in-law asked me to review frozen pizzas. I wrote a couple of reviews but never blogged 'em. From what I remember, I disliked DiGiorno's and I liked Frescetta. These pizzas are the ones with the self-rising crust. (The one I liked best so far is an ultra thin crust white pizza made by California Pizza Kitchen.) So, the rising crusts. The one we had tonight was, *hold your breath*-a store brand. Yes, Stop n' Shop was having a sale. We got a couple (well, 3). Tonight, we baked some up with freshly grated pecorino romano on top. Afterwards, I tore up some fresh basil and we were in business. Okay, the crust rose alright. It was a lot denser than I expected it to be. It just barely made the cut off for being too doughy. Actually, I think maybe it didn't - it was doughy. The sauce was a little on the sour side. Not too much flavor there. It was doable tho' - it didn't gross me out the way DiGiorno's does. The cheese was nothing special. It was okay. It was the extra romano we grated on top that did the trick.

All in all, with 5 being average, I'd say it's about a 5. (DiGiorno's gets a 1; Frescetta gets a 7.)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP