Ronzoni Spinach Fettuccine

>> Sunday, March 1, 2009

I haven't had spinach fettuccine since last summer when Steve picked some up from Villarina's where they make their own pasta. Well, last night, we didn't have any fresh pasta. So, I did what I could for the dried pasta. I had completely forgotten that I bought it til I went rummaging through our food closet. Yes, it's a closet that Steve threw shelves into. We store all of our canned goods, dry goods, etc...in there. We haven't gone grocery shopping in two weeks so I had to apply a little ingenuity to the meal. After brainstorming the possibilities I came up with this.

To the spinach fettuccine, I added quartered black olives, roasted red peppers with the liquid, white wine, olive oil, thyme, s & p. And then I added a little crumbled goat cheese. As I mentioned previously, I'm really starting to enjoy goat cheese after years of ambivalence. Steve's glad cause he loves goat cheese.

The verdict. Steve loved it. He was uncertain of the black olive and goat cheese combination so he sample a little of it together and he was all, yes. Yes. The goat cheese made it a little creamy. The olives were canned and mild. They're not salty at all. The roasted red pepper gave it a little sweetness and the thyme accented the combination. It tasted almost like something Mediterranean. Yeah, we weren't minding dinner at all. Quite pleased actually cause it was all made out of odds and ends I had in the food closet and the fridge. So get creative, even on a limited budget, and Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP