Whole Wheat Pasta Primavera

>> Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tonight, I made my healthy'ish version of pasta primavera. I used whole wheat pasta (Ronzoni Healthy Harvest.) I sauteed lotsa garlic, basil and onions in a good amount of olive oil. I seasoned a little with salt & pepper. After a few minutes, I added zucchini, yellow squash (both cut on an angle) and red bell pepper that'd been cut into strips. (I'd set aside these veggies from last night's dinner.) Meanwhile, I nuked the freshly cut broccoli before I added that and cherry tomatoes. Then I de-glazed a little with chicken stock and towards the end of cooking I added some white wine.

Even though I should have gone heavier with the wine, Steve lerved it! He was very skeptical of the whole wheat pasta (as was I - secretly) but it was not that bad. It was thin spaghetti and therefore you expected it to be lighter and it was. I'd envisioned mealy pasta with little grains and nugs as some, I know, are. Sid's dinner consisted of grilled chicken breast, grilled eggplant, a little zucchini and a little raw carrot added to his dry food. I added water and gave it a stir. And he woofed it down. Follow Sid and Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP