Not so Bad Egg White Omelette

>> Thursday, May 15, 2008

Last night, I made omelettes for dinner. Sauteed mushrooms, ham slices that I'd thrown on the pan for a minute then made into a thick julienne, and 2% cheddar cheese. I also used egg whites from a container. Green quart, I think. I forgot what brand it is. I added one whole egg to it and cooked as usual. I served it with baby Yukon potatoes that I'd made into wedges then tossed with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano. OH, to that we also added sliced red pepper. Well, actually, it was more like orange. I baked them in the oven for about 15 minutes then turned on the broiler to crisp up a little.

The verdict. I didn't think the egg part was bad. Steve said it wasn't fluffy enough. Indeed it wasn't, but it wasn't a bad substitute either. The insides tasted delicious. The mushroom, ham, and cheddar mixture was nice. I didn't over saute the mushrooms so they were quite juicy. Very nice. The potato wedges weren't the best. It may have been the onion powder. I don't use it often and I'm not familiar enough with the taste to utilize it well. I didn't love the way the flavors combined. And they didn't crisp up cause our broiler sucks. Oh well. Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP