Spinach Pasta with Swiss Chard

>> Monday, June 9, 2008

I just got through sweating in the kitchen for an hour and a half. Though we put in the air conditioner downstairs, it was not strong enough to cool all the way into the kitchen. And it didn't help that I had three burners going. One had pasta in it. Spinach linguini from a place called Villarina's. They make all their pastas from scratch. On another burner, I sauteed swiss chard with olive oil, garlic, fresh lemon juice, salt & pepper and beef stock. Yes, beef stock. Steve loved it alot. I actually meant to use chicken stock. I didn't look at the can before I put it in. The third burner was for the "sauce". Basically it's garlic and oil with grape tomatoes that'd been sliced in half, basil, salt & pepper. When the pasta was cooked, I tossed it in with the garlic & oil. It lightly coated the spinach linguini with olive oil. I could've gone a little heavier with the oil, but we're trying to be healthy'ish. Dinner was a success. Steve wants to throw this one into the regular rotation. The problem is, I don't know if I'll be able to replicate it. I don't write things down and I'm forgetful. Not a good combo. Anyway, I hope y'all ate something good today!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP