Manwich Sloppy Joes

>> Thursday, December 11, 2008

We had a total trash night. I was so looking forward to it. All day even. Sloppy, sloppy joes. All you do is brown some ground beef and then add the Manwich sauce from the can and heat through. It's sooo easy. I added a little salt & pepper to it as well. You know what it was? Those darned commercials. And we hadn't had sloppy joes in several years. The last few times we did, we used hamburger buns. The soft, squishy ones. When I was growing up, this place sold sloppy joes on hard rolls or kaiser rolls. I really liked them and so whenever I thought of sloppy joes, I thought of them on hard rolls. Steve resisted the idea a great deal. But in the end, he gave in and I made him a nice sandwich with wavy lay's potato chips.

The easy to determine verdict. Yum! It tasted as I remembered it to be. I love sloppy joes and Manwich's original sauce is the best. Actually, I haven't tried the other varieties like barbecue. That one sounds sorta interesting to me. Hmmm...I don't even know if they have competitors in this field. Steve liked it on the hard roll, but he still prefers hamburger buns. I don't mind them on hamburger buns but you can't get as much meat on a sandwich and I think it's messier. The hard roll tends to soak up a little of the sauce making the sandwich more manageable. And pile the meat in the center'ish and don't go to the edges completely. Then you'll be happy and Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP