Baked Buffalo Wings

>> Friday, January 23, 2009



I love buffalo wings. Love them. I don't have them too often but when I do, I'm usually not disappointed. The only time I get sad is when they add spices to it like cayenne or something. I like it straight up hot sauce & butter. That's basically what buffalo wing sauce is. But because I'm not an expert at making them, I just followed the very simple directions on my giant bottle of Frank's red hot sauce. Previously, I've broiled wings and then tossed them in sauce. They turn out okay. A little crisping to the skin.

The directions suggested either frying the wings or baking them for an hour at 425 F. I chose to do the baking thing because it's way easier and it made me feel somehow a teensie bit healthier. Crazy, I know. Anyhow, I threw the wings on a sheet pan and did not do a thing to them. I threw 'em in the oven and let it go. After the hour was up, I spooned on the buffalo sauce and served them with the potato wedges that made an appearance in last week's salisbury steak dinner. I added a little more oil this time though I don't think it was necessary. I would've liked to have served this finger feast with celery sticks but we didn't have any. We did, however, have Ken's lite blue cheese dressing. Yey!

I'm not kidding when I say this. Steve said they were some of the best wings he's ever had. He totally loved them. I liked 'em a lot too. We were both so surprised at how crispy, crunchy the skin came out. It was almost as though they were deep-fried. Amazing. I had no idea. The potato wedges didn't turn out as good as last time, but as I dipped my wedge into the blue cheese dressing, I didn't mind them at all. Not one bit. Mmmm. I'm definitely making these again. Oh, we bought wingettes which basically means you don't have to go through the work of cutting them up. Steve really liked that cause I usually make him cut up them up. But look for wingettes at the grocery store and you won't have to go through much work to Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP