Chicken Burritos

>> Thursday, January 15, 2009

I had the good sense to cook up all 6 boneless chicken breasts earlier this week. I made a decent salad out of half of it. And last night, I used some for our dinner. I'd already shredded the chicken. (Pulled apart with 2 forks.) It was pretty tender. Not overcooked. And I swirled it in the pan juices before I sealed it all up in a plastic bag. I think the liquid helped to keep the chicken moist and tender.

For the chicken, I sauteed up some green peppers (small diced), red onion (small diced), and added some spices. I added a hint of chili powder, a hint of cumin, dried cilantro, salt. I then tossed the chicken in that and heated it through. To make the burritos, I had to pull out the electric griddle. Heat tortilla on both sides to desired doneness. If you leave it longer, the tortilla will become lighter and crisp. I didn't go quite that far though I wouldn't have minded if I did. I just didn't have the patience to wait. So, I threw down some American cheese. Then I added a good amount of the seasoned chicken mixture. On top of that, I added quartered grape tomatoes, diced onions (small), thinly shredded iceberg lettuce and that's it. I didn't tuck in the sides, I just sorta rolled the whole thing over. I plopped on a generous dollop of sour cream and hot salsa (Tostitos brand) on top of the thing. Along the center. It said 'eat me' so I did. We did and...

Steve loved it. I thought it was pretty darn good too. Almost as good as a decent Mexican joint. The only unfortunate part was that I didn't make enough of everything for a third burrito to share. Hehehe. I may be making this one again when we have leftover chicken. I actually have more chicken to make chicken salad with. And the celery and red onion are already diced, almost minced. Yey! Mmmm, yummy sammies. Don't forget to take a break today to Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP