Roma's Pizza

>> Friday, April 18, 2008

We took a motoride this evening to a place called Roma's. A place that the locals swear by in lower westchester county. And sometimes when Steve speaks excitedly about a place, I take it with a grain of salt. But tonight, he did good. The pizza was really good. Brick Oven. Thin crust. Hesitate to call it flaky cause I always think of buttery pastries. I can't call it crumbly either. But it was both. It was an imperfect crust with little areas of almost blackness. Burnt. But didn't taste burnt. It was really good. And the sauce, thumbs up. I like my sauce to have a good fresh tomato flavor mildly seasoned with herbs. Usually just basil. I don't like my pizza sauce to be too herby (especially if they're dried) or too spicy. I don't like spice at all on my regular cheese slices. Specialty pies are another story. Oh, the cheese was good. Gooey but not too much of it. I didn't feel like I was gagging on cheese. It's been an issue with me lately. On the ride down, I was having so much fun. I got the giggles and was laughing so hard that I made noise on the inhale. I was struggling to get air back into my lungs. The ride back was a little chilly here and there but we made it back in one piece. Why is it that the rides back always feel faster? Anyhow, I'm way tired. Niters.

Roma Restaurant
29 Columbus Ave
Tuckahoe, NY 10707

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP