Pork Chops Dijon

>> Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tonight, I'm cooking a late dinner. It's almost 9p and I still haven't begun to make it. I've been searching for a good pork chop dish for ages. I keep forcing pork on Steve. I found a reprinted NY Times recipe of pork chops with dijon sauce. It has wine, cream, onions, chicken stock and yes, dijon mustard. I bought center cut bone-in chops. I did a little research on pork chops and I think someone said that those were the tenderest chops of all. The chops are about an inch thick. I'm going to serve it with long grain white rice (aka uncle bens - hehehe) and frozen veggies - a cauliflower and broccoli mix. I'll prolly nuke the them up with a little chicken stock, s & p, maybe a pat o' butter. And tonight, I'm going to have a glass of wine. It may be the first glass of the year. Chardonnay. I had balls today. I walked into the liquor store and just out and said: I'm looking for the cheapest chardonnay you have. I was faintly aware of the neon sign flashing on my forehead reading: cheapskate! :) Dee dee doo doo dum dumb head.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP