Broiled Chicken Breasts with Rib-bone

>> Monday, April 28, 2008

According to Steve, the dinner was a success. I made chicken breast on the rib bone with jasmine rice and sauteed escarole. The chicken was marinated in soy sauce (not the dark kind), lemon juice, lemon zest, black pepper, ground ginger, dried thyme and dried rosemary. Then I broiled it. The jasmine rice was cooked up with water and a little olive oil. It perfumed the kitchen nicely as it simmered away. The escarole was a pain in the ass to clean. (I don't have a salad spinner so it was extra cumbersome.) Anyway, I discarded the icky pieces and tore up some of the really big pieces and left the smaller ones whole. Then I heated up a minced garlic cube (*see blog: Garlic Cube) in a little olive oil. Then threw in the escarole. I sauteed it with the garlic, salt, lemon juice and red wine vinegar. And that was the menu for the evening. Broiled soy-marinated chicken breasts with rib bone, jasmine rice & garlic sauteed escarole. Wow, that sounds yummy!

Good News. The chicken skin came out all crispy with dark spots. The marinade didn't penetrate the meat completely but the chicken was flavorful. And very moist and tender as per Steve. Steve loved the escarole and wants me to make it more often. I like cooked greens. They're yummy but because I bought regular (instead of organic) I'm paranoid about pesticides. Not so much so that it stopped me from eating them though. It was worth it. And of course the fragrant jasmine rice. It was a very nice starch to have with the meal. Oh by the way, Steve confessed that he thought that I'd overcooked the chicken to death because of how dark it was. But he was very happy about it and said it wasn't burnt at all. Take a break & Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP