Chicken Night

>> Monday, July 28, 2008

We don't actually have a weekly schedule of meals, but when I make chicken. Well, nevermind. I'm just realizing that not every night with chicken is chicken night. Someone recently called me a chicken slut. Anyway, I'm worried about the chicken tonight. It's grilling away on low heat with the cover on right now. I'm so afraid that I won't cook it right. Like that the outside will be all burnt and the insides not cooked enough. Ugh. I have a bad feeling about this. The marinade. Soy sauce, sugar in raw, thyme, rosemary, ground ginger, garlic powder and black pepper. I made it once before and it turned out great. I broiled it that time. Tonight's a whole different ball game. I'm serving the chicken with basmati rice and peas. We haven't had peas in a while. I'm looking forward to eating them but not as much as eating the chicken. Had a moment. I think we're going to accidentally overcook the chicken. I worry so much when I cook. Even things I've cooked a million times. Wait, I was confident at preparing Kraft macaroni & cheese in a box. Steve said I make it the best and he's been a long time eater of the stuff. I guess you could overcook it easily. I take it off sooner and drain with the lid on in the pot. Usually there's still a little liquid left and I put it back on the stove with butter and a hint of milk and let the water boil out a bit. That's where it gets a little tricky. If you do it for a prolonged time, it will be too dry and not mix with the powdered cheese very well. Anyway, I don't eat the stuff anymore. I mean, I want to but I don't. I had a chocolate covered pretzel just moments ago. Milk chocolate. It was delicious. Time to eat!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP