White Clam Sauce

>> Sunday, July 20, 2008

Last night I made linguini with white clam sauce. We went a few towns over to buy the baby clams. They call them vongole or something. Anyway, this is a total cheater's dish. I don't make most of it. Actually, it comes out of a can. Progresso white clam sauce. It's good on its own, but I like to saute shallots, deglaze with white wine, add the sauce and later on hit it with parsley. Right before I'm ready to serve, I add the baby clams and serve over linguini when they open up. Remember, don't try to eat the ones that don't open. We had a nice baguette with the meal. I can't remember the last time we had bread with a meal unless we were having sammies. The dinner was really good. Steve loved it. Thank goodness for pre-made products. Hehehe. Eat something good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP