Main Street Bistro

>> Sunday, July 6, 2008

The weather wasn't great yesterday. It was overcast so we didn't take a motoride. Boo hoo. We did, however, take the car to New Paltz, NY. It's a cute, little place with lotsa little shops and restaurants. It was nice to look at but I wasn't loving it. The sidewalks were too small and hilly and windy. It was making me claustrophobic. I think I spelt that wrong. Anyway, for a late lunch, we stopped in at the Main Street Bistro. I found their site on-line and read through the menu before we got there. One of the items that interested me was the salmon hash so that's what I had. It was good. Not great. Steve had some of mine and liked it a lot more than I did. It had small chunks of salmon with fried potatoes (nicely done with little crispy parts), tomatoes, asiago cheese and Hollandaise sauce and two poached eggs on top. The waitress said their Hollands sauce was really good but I didn't taste it a whole lot. The asiago cheese really stood out though. I guess I wasn't really in the mood for fish. I guess that's why I didn't really love it. It was good though, overall. Afterwards, we drove up some mountain. I don't recall the name. (And it was just yesterday.) It was so uphill and windy that I was a little intimidated. People were parked where allowed and walked up quite some ways to reach the lakes and falls and stuff. I decided it was too hot and that I wasn't going to walk up a mountain. I was a poo poo head. The day was fun. It's always nice to have 'alone time' with Steve. Eat something good!

Main Street Bistro
59 Mainstreet
New Paltz NY 12561

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP