Junior's Cheesecake

>> Saturday, July 26, 2008

We had a traumatic experience last night. We were at the bandshell where musicians perform free concerts. Prospect Park, Brooklyn NY. Anyway, there were people seated in seats in front and then there were a bunch of people on the lawn behind it. People were going back and forth along the pathway between the two. Many people stood behind the seated ones and Steve and I were included among those. Then this girl comes up and talks to the standing couple next to us. She wants us to move. Then a whole bunch of people start yelling sit down! A kid came up to Steve and asked us to move. Steve was like, this is a concert. People stand. And I agreed with him. But they wouldn't stop. So finally we walked away as did the others and they cheered. It was sort of embarrassing. Then we heard them from afar screaming sit down and we figured other people decided to stand there. Then it happened again and security went running over there. There were so many cops there. It seemed overwhelming.

Anyway, I made us leave the Philip Glass concert early. They had a projector or something going as the "band" or ensemble or whatever played along. I apologize to Glass fans but I think they suck. Even if all that stuff hadn't happened, I wouldn't have wanted to stay. It was just noise. Not even cool noise, just repetitive, boring crap that didn't hold my attention.

Thank goodness for Junior's. They're famous for their cheesecake. And boy did we indulge there. We had 10 oz steakburgers with cheese and bacon. They came with steak fries and heavily battered onion rings. The meat was delicious. And the fries were good too. The onion rings were a bit heavy for me though I ate them all. The bun on the burger suffered a bit too much for my liking. It literally fell apart as I was eating it. The bacon was thick sliced and well cooked. OK, finally. The cheesecake. Regular only with, as Steve says, nothing to interfere with the taste. It was a tall, nice sized piece and I ate almost every last bite. Holy good. It was great! Oh, we also had chocolate egg creams to drink. Last night's late dinner (it was about 11p) was very satisfying. I was a happy camper. Eat something good!

Junior's Cheesecake
386 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11201


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP