Roast Beef Sammie

>> Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lunch today was a roast beef and onion sandwich on a wedge with extra mayo and s&p. That combination is one of my favorites. My ex was Irish and he had very specific foods that he not just liked but loved. (It consisted of hand held fast foods - his three major food groups were cheeseburgers, fried chicken and pizza.) He introduced me to the combination mentioned above and I've been eating them since. One time this nice deli guy who'd made my sandwich suggested a horseradish mayo. I liked that idea. And you could tell that he was proud of the sandwich he made for me. I've yet to try it but I have something to look forward to in the future.

Unfortunately I didn't go to that deli, I went to one closer to me. And, the taste was delicious. It was well seasoned and the lady put a good amount of mayo on it. The roastbeef itself was, however, a bit of a disappointment. First of all, it wasn't sliced thin enough. I like it very thin. Paper thin. (Though I'll settle for thicker if the meat is very tender.) It was still, overall, very good. The wedge bread was a little chewy but not too badly. Maybe my jaws are getting weaker with age. On the side, I had sour cream & onion kettle potato chips and a diet peach arizona iced tea. Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP