Broiled Squid

>> Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'll just say it. I overcooked the hell out of dinner tonight. My vision was to have nicely broiled squids and separate tentacles marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, s & p. I wanted them to be slightly browned and burnt in places. I waited, waited and waited and no brown spots. I should've put them closer to the broiler. But I didn't. I just let them get cooked to death. I mean, I knew they were done but I wasn't getting the coloring so I kept hesitating to take them out. So we had salad. The dressing was too vinegary for Steve's liking. All in all, dinner was a failure. We decided to have a boca spicy chik n' patty to make up for it. I'm now haunted by the visions of tentacles. And indeed, I saved the overcooked squid for Sid's breakfast. (I hope dog's are allowed to eat squid.) Well, he already had some so I'll find out. I don't think I'm ever going to cook squid again unless it's in a seafood stew, cut into bit size rings and pieces. But I'll never cook that stew so nobody has to worry. It's a terrible feeling. Not life threatening but this lingering disgust over dinner and the nausea I feel when I think about it. Til the next dinner failure, I'll just have to Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP