Trader Joe's Korma Sauce

>> Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yes, another Trader Joe's product. Korma sauce is a little spicy, very seasoned and is delicious. (It's indian just in case you didn't know.) The directions call for chicken only. I, however, added a whole bunch of veggies and stuff. Cauliflower, peas, chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), russet potato (or baking potato), and of course, chicken. The sauce is an orange, red, brown kinda color with little bits of onion. It's so easy to make. I mean, it comes from a jar. Of course, I would love to make this dish from scratch, but I know very little about indian cooking. Basmati rice is about the only thing I know how to make good. The dinner was served with naan. It's an indian flat bread with little black, burnt spots. You throw it in the oven for a few minutes and the bottom gets a little crispy while the top stays soft. It's really good and the package gives a lot of ideas about how to use them. I wish I'd saved the package. We were very full after this meal. It was deceiving. We had the dish in wide, white bowls and I didn't think I put that much rice but we discovered it was more than plenty. And a little side bar. For some reason, as I was eating it, I grabbed the kettle sour cream & onion chips and noshed on a few. *shrug*. No clue. Eat something good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP