Meatless Easy Burritos

>> Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yes, we had burritos last night. It's a total cheaters' dish. We use canned refried beans (usually Old El Paso brand) and mix it with canned diced potatoes (Del Monte) and heat it in a pot. That's the "meat" of the dish. We warm the tortillas on an electric griddle. One side then the other. We put slices of american cheese (sometimes cheddar) on the tortilla. Spoon on a thick (not too much though) line of the bean & potato mixture in the center. Then top it with thinly shredded iceberg lettuce, diced red onions, diced grape tomatoes, cholula hot sauce and a few dollops of sour cream. Then ya roll it up and serve.

Steve said they were yummy and I thought the same. We each had two and they're good sized. Well, actually, I had 1 1/2 and Steve had 2 1/2. Yeah, I was stuffed after the first one but kept going. And you'd think my eating for the evening would've stopped there. But almost immediately afterwards and much to Steve's surprise, I started eating light strawberry banana yogurt. And while he was in the computer room, I snuck in 1/2 of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I was liberal with the fillings. It was on multi-grain bread. *oink*

Eat a meatless easy burrito; Eat Something Good!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP