Turkey Chili

>> Saturday, August 16, 2008

We haven't had chili in ages. I wanted to make a healthier version of it using ground turkey. Steve objected. We went to the store and decided to get an extra pound of ground chuck to add to it. I wasn't sure about the meat combo. I wasn't loving the idea. But we made it. And half way through eating it, Steve removed a large hunk of "meat" from his bowl and cut it in half. He guessed it was turkey, not beef. I tasted my portion and couldn't really tell the difference initially because of the heat and spice. Then the turkey flavor comes through at the end but not too much.

Steve, with all his protests, decided that next time we could use all turkey because it wasn't that bad. Right before we started eating, I thought twice about the chili. It didn't smell delicious. It smelled like chili. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I think the word depth can be used here. The aroma was just not enticing enough for me to want to choke it down and lick the bowl clean. However, after I took my first bite, I realized that I really did like it. It was good. Not great, but good. We have so much of it left I don't know what to do with it. I wonder if it freezes well. Anyhow, eat something good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP