Meat Craving

>> Thursday, August 14, 2008

Everyday, I make my honey the exact same lunch. Reduced-fat Peanut butter (or almond butter - his latest fave) and low sugar jelly or preserves on multi-grain bread. With it, he gets a banana, yogurt, ground flax seed (for the yogurt) and a handful of raw almonds. He just told me moments ago that he got weak. He was bad. He went downstairs to get a soda at lunch and the guy was like...we have one reuben left. He was good and went back upstairs and did some work. But he could not get the reuben out of his mind. So after eating his own lunch, he finally gave in and bought the reuben (hot pastrami, swiss, sauerkraut and russian dressing on rye) panini. He said it was really good. I wish I had one. I'm having a meat craving. Alls I had today was carbs and dairy it seems like. I need meat sometimes. I just like tearing into it with my teeth like a savage. I once ate an entire sirloin steak with my bare hands. It was a dream of mine and when my then ex walked in with a few pounds of cooked steak, I was loving it. I sat down on the floor of my tiny, studio apartment in the East Village. I picked up the warm steak and tore into it. Juices flowed and I was loving it. I was being barbaric. The steak was pretty big so I was quite satisfied for the evening. Awe, don't be shy and Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP