Tuna Pasta Salad Shells

>> Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last night, we were all upset because we wanted to have spaghetti and meat sauce but the local store cleared away their meats 1/2 hour before closing. Steve stood there and waited and waited and finally he got pissed and left. He was so upset he didn't want to eat dinner. I had an idea. I formulated something out of leftovers and tuna. I made a tuna pasta salad. Mayonnaise based. I used albacore tuna, mayo, mustard, worchestire sauce, celery seed and s&p. I took leftover grape tomatoes and quartered them. Then I added sliced red onion from leftover salad. I mixed it all together with pasta shells (medium) and added a hint more mayo to coat the pasta.

I wasn't sure if Steve would like it because I think he once said that he likes his tuna fish cold. Confession. Mine was served warm. Okay, so the tuna pasta salad wasn't entirely my idea. I used to go to NYC & Washington, DC deli's with a major buffet selection and they often had something similar with peas. I would've added peas to my salad had we had some.

Steve really liked it loved the tuna pasta salad. I gave Steve two types of shells last night. The tuna one and a serving with just browned (hazelnut they call it - I think) butter and freshly grated romano cheese, s&p. His grandma used to make this dish for him when he was just a little thing. So it's a comfort food for him. Anyway, I'm happy that dinner was a success.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP