Quinoa Pilaf

>> Friday, August 15, 2008

So last night's dinner was a success. It was a partial cheater's dish. I made low cal oven-fried boneless chicken breasts. The breast are rolled in a combination of bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and black pepper after they take a little swim in ceasar lite dressing. Then they're topped with a little melted butter and baked.

The side. Ah, the side. I haven't had quinoa in over five years and Steve has never tried it. I made a pilaf with carrots, onions, red peppers and mushrooms. It turned out pretty good and Steve liked it. I liked it but I didn't love it. I made it once in a lime vinaigrette and that was better. We also had grilled zucchini, squash and red & green peppers tossed in balsamic vinegar, olive oil and s&p. They turned out nicely. We'll definitely have a repeat of the chicken, I'm not so sure about the quinoa. By the way, it's a grain and it's really good for you. You can find it in health food stores or in spanish markets. Okay, so eat something good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP