Trader Joe's Spinach Pie

>> Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thank goodness for frozen foods. When ya don't feel like doing any real cooking, heating up a box of stuff is a good way to go. Trader Joe's - what else? Spinach pie with feta cheese in filo dough. It's pretty good. I've liked it enough to buy it again and I will be buying it again in the future. I served it with a mock greek salad. I used a mediterranean salad bag with halved grape tomatoes, half moon cucumbers, thinly sliced onions and a dressing made with red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, sugar, olive oil, oregano, s&p and most importantly mashed feta cheese. I agitated the mixture in a tupperware container with the top on. It produced a chunky and creamy dressing. I tossed it in with the fixings and we had a nice salad. At first I used just red wine vinegar w/o the balsamic. Bad move. Way too acidic. That's why I added the sugar to try to cut the tartness. Anyway, I really would've liked some kalamata olives and dolmades (stuffed grape leaves) to go with it but it was satisfying on its own. Eat something good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP