Cutlets Paprikesh "First Time"

>> Monday, August 11, 2008

The other night I made a new dish. It's called Cutlets Paprikesh. This recipe called for turkey cutlets not chicken cutlets. I seldom cook with turkey. Other than on Thanksgiving, I think the only other turkey dish I made was the turkey scallopini with capers and lemon. I made that twice. Delicious. Anyhow, I had to dredge the cutlets in a combo of flour, paprika, black pepper, thyme, red pepper and salt. I reserved the remaining flour for the sauce. After browning cutlets, set aside. To the remaining oil, add the flour mixture and thinly sliced onions. Allow that to cook for a bit before adding the wet ingredients. Chicken stock, tomato paste and later fat free sour cream. Cook it til it slightly thickens. It should happen quickly. Add turkey cutlets to sauce and heat through. I would've served it with rice but we didn't have any so Steve picked up a nice loaf of seeded italian bread. And on the side, we had a nice salad with arugula, greens, red onions and grape tomatoes.

It was good but I don't know if I'll make it again. It had a strong paprika flavor. Steve was liking it but I wasn't loving it. Initially, the sauce tastes great. Then the paprika kicks in and finishes with its after taste. Maybe if I use less paprika and more sour cream (which is stirred in at the end), it will mellow the flavor out. Yes, I think I'll try that because Steve wants me to make it again. He wants to Eat Something Good!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP