Jerk Chicken

>> Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dinner came out good even though the combination was a little weird to me. I wish I could say I made the chicken from scratch but I didn't. I used World Harbors jerk sauce & marinade. It was my first time trying it. The bottle looked sorta interesting. And instead of grilling the boneless chicken breasts (organic from Trader Joe's), I broiled them. I "basted" (more like spooned on) the breasts three times in total. I served it with saffron basmati rice. And mediterranean salad with grape tomatoes and feta cheese (sheep's milk, I think) and tossed it in balsamic vinaigrette.

Steve liked the dinner overall and so did I. I put all three things on one plate at one time. Every now and then I'd get a bite full of rice with a hunk of feta cheese. Yum! The jerk part. It wasn't a strong marinade. It didn't penetrate the meat. But from what I could taste of it, it was pretty good. I think next time we will do the grilling thing and baste even more often and more liberally. Hey! Eat Something Good!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP