Baked Ziti

>> Thursday, November 13, 2008

I haven't made baked ziti in ages. Here's how I do it. I boil up some ziti (duh) and then toss it in sauce. We used our homemade sauce. Then for the cheese part. You take ricotta (whole milk), mozzarella (whole milk), chopped fresh parsley, one egg, s&p. I dislike part-skim cheeses. But for some reason, I like Cracker Barrel's 2% cheddar. Go figure. Ok, so ya throw down a layer of ziti mixed with sauce in a disposable lasagne pan, hit it with gobs of the cheese mixture, put another layer of ziti with sauce on top. Cover that all in some fresh mozzarella and bake for like 45 minutes. I rambled with that explanation. Ooopsies.

The ziti turned out alright. I was worried that the ziti would be too soft. And unfortunately, I think they may have been. No, they were. Steve really liked it though. He had two servings and freaked out when I said I'll just throw the rest out. I guess that's convincing enough but I'd still feel embarrassed to serve something as overcooked. It wasn't complete mush. Those frozen zitis are far mushier and I've had some seriously mushy ziti from the grocery store buffet. All in all, it fed us, made Steve happy and oh, it made Sid happy. I was trying to get rid of some and gave Sid a little more than just a taste. My bad. A toast to y'all (or ya'll) and Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP