Pecorino Romano

>> Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We didn't have a bite for dinner until after 11:00pm. We'd both had a late lunch and we weren't feeling particularly hungry. (Sid is eating a napkin.) Anyway, we had nothing in the house so I just cooked up some Ronzoni thin spaghetti and we had it with tomato sauce from Batch #2. I tell ya. Freshly grated pecorino romano makes a huge difference in the enjoyment of pasta. I've always liked romano cheese but I didn't have it too often. I remember once, in college, there was a chain restaurant in town called 'Houlihan's I may have botched the spelling on that. Anyway, they had a delicious chicken & pasta dish. The chicken was breaded and it had plenty of romano cheese in it. I never forgot it how the cheese tasted.

To the eating of the pasta. The sauce, our sauce, nice as per usual. The cheeses. At first, we were using store brand grated cheese. (I keep some in the house for trash meals. You know what I mean? Maybe not.) Anyway, you could hardly taste it. When we made the switch to the freshly grated pecorino romano, *bam*. An amazing thing happened. It transformed the flavor of the sauce and the dish developed depth. And though I've always favored parmesan cheese, Steve prefers romano. Perhaps because it's tangier. I like romano very much as well. It's a good cheese. Okay guys, time to Eat Something Good!

1 comments:

Olivia/Livy (^.^)v November 7, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

This may sound a bit dumb, but I don't fond cheese. A very little here and there on the food or breads or cookies are just fine for me to enjoy, but if it's in a bigger scale, then I just have to stop eating, cos the smell and taste make me dizzy.
Always prefer salted butter for my breads, anytime.

I really like your blog here.
The font size makes it so easy to read, and the layout makes me feel relax.
Very different with what you have there in Multiply.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP