Everyday Pan

>> Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Calphalon's Commercial Hard-Anodized "Everday Pan" is awesome. It's an all-purpose pan. "The aluminum construction provides superior cooking performance by distributing the heat evenly so there are no hot spots as you cook." That's what the description says. Steve also adds that because it's made of hard-anodized aluminum, it is non-reactive and can handle acidic foods such as tomatoes. Also, because there's no teflon coating (non-stick) you can scrape the crap out of it and it'll be fine. (No scratch lines actually appear.)

I use mine all the time. Steve found it online from Amazon (I think) years ago. Actually, I used it just last night to make meat sauce. It's also great cause you can throw it in the oven up to 450 F or under a broiler. It also comes with a nice, weighted lid. Not too heavy though. It's a 12" pan so you can fit a decent amount of food in it. Most of the time if I say I sauteed or seared something, it happened in the Everyday pan. And though slightly crowded, I can fit like four boneless chicken breasts in it and then some. It's got sturdy steel handles that stay cool'ish. But if you threw it in the oven, I recommend that you use gloves or a towel. I can't say enough about this pan. I love Steve for getting it. It's one of the most useful purchases he's ever made.

Unfortunately, they discontinued this line but it's still available at Amazon.com. It's like $29.99. I forgot to mention. It's a handsome looking pan. I wouldn't be embarrassed to serve the food right in it. I picture a nice paella in it. Mmmm...Do something good & Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP