Gino's Trattoria

>> Sunday, November 9, 2008

We had a great dinner last night. It was almost perfect except the waitress could've been a little more attentive. Usually, service at Gino's (not Gigi's Pizza we always go to) is very good. Adults, not teenagers. Anyway, I wrote a review about Gino's a while back. A couple of years ago. Definitely over one. (I think.) Anyway, in the review I described my favorite dish there: Veal Francais. Most chicken francais are in a light chicken stock/lemon sauce. I assumed the veal would be the same. Nope. The sauce is an orange ee/brown with bits of cooked herbs in it. Perhaps parsley. They give three (somewhat small) thin pieces of veal (lighyly battered, perhaps just in egg). And a side of pasta. I got linguine with tomato sauce. Oh, and to start we had salads (mine with italian; his with bleu cheese) and bread that included a good crusty, hearty italian bread and long sticks of focaccia flavored with rosemary. We also had an appetizer. Fried calamari that came with a thick, chunky, deep red, herbed tomato sauce for dipping. The calamari were all just small rings, about the size of a quarter. No tentacles, my fave. Oh well. Steve had one of his standbys. Chicken Gorgonzola with peas. He had a side of linguini as well but he got his on his plate with the cream sauce. I had mine on the side. They give you the option.

I loved my veal dish. I've had it many times before. We used to go to Gino's quite regularly. They've recently started delivering and I think they'll make a killing. Their pizza is quite good as well. The pasta, salad, and bread were all good. Nothing special. The fried calamari. I thought it could've been fried a little longer. They were a very light color and I would've preferred a golden color with a little crisp or crunch to it. Steve thought they were delicious. He loved them just the way they were. I tried some of Steve's chicken dish and it was rich and delicious. Very smooth and creamy. It wasn't a strong gorgonzola flavor. I didn't see any blue veins in it. But it definitely did something nice to the sauce. We didn't have dessert cause we were too full. Steve even had to take his belt off when we got home. Hehehe. Okay, well. You guys are the best! I love the comments - I read them all. Eat Something Good!

Gino's Pizzeria (Trattoria)
597 Route 6
Mahopac, NY 10541

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP