Beef Patty Melt

>> Sunday, November 2, 2008

We went to one of our regular'ish diners, Central Plaza Diner in Yonkers, NY. Anyway, we thought we'd have a nice repeat of the other day's meal - beef patty melts. (We had a surprisingly yummy one at IHOP.) Burger, swiss, fried onions on grilled rye. We had them with a side of fries, cole slaw, and a pickle. The patty melt at this diner was...a disappointment. I wanted to punch the chef a little. The onions. They were these big, diced chunks. Too big and they ruined the sandwich. Also they weren't cooked enough. I like to see a nice brown color on some pieces. Thin slices. With good carmelization going on. That's how I'd make it. Oh, we started off with a side of okay mozzarella sticks with a thin tomato sauce for dipping. Alrighty folks, Eat Something Good!

Central Plaza Diner
1686 Central Park Ave
Yonkers, NY 10710



1 comments:

Olivia/Livy (^.^)v November 7, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Yes, I know exactly how you feel.
There are times I really wish I could tell the chefs on how to make their meals tastier and more delicious.
But it's not allowed, right?
So I just never go to those places anymore, and go look for the new ones. So many great diners now popping out here and there.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP