Indian-Style Rice

>> Friday, November 7, 2008

Last night we had nothing to eat in the house and we didn't feel like going out. It was past 10p anyway. So Steve made something. A rice dish. Vegetarian even. We cooked up some uncle bens rice, added some peas and then he seasoned it with curry powder (just a bit), tumeric, black pepper, red pepper (cayenne) and salt. He said he used to make this as a teenager when he was vegetarian. I was hesitant to try it. I mean I like curry'ish things every now and then but I must say, I don't love the smell. It's way strong and lingers in the house afterwards. Anyway, I had a small serving and I have to say that I liked it. I was quite surprised. Steve was proud. He wouldn't let me give any to Sid so I just gave him some peas. He lapped them up as though he were eating good quality steak. Do like we do and Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP