Candy Bars

>> Thursday, November 6, 2008

I have been eating so much junk food lately. Like crazy amounts. Okay, maybe not that crazy but definitely more than usual. I've been dying to try two things. Oreo cakesters and Nilla wafer cakesters. I've read mixed reviews about them. For the oreo ones, they said don't expect it to taste like the cookie. Even still, I'm intrigued by the concept. I've only seen them in one place. At this convenience mart attached to a Dunkin' Donuts. Needless to say, I always go for the donut but I was tempted. Strongly tempted. Next time I go there, I'm going to get them.

I tried a new candy bar. The Nestle's crunch crisp. It's crispy wafers with layers of chocolate creme and covered in chocolate. It was pretty good. I like the flavor of Nestle's crunch bars. That's the kind of chocolate it was dipped in. I'd buy them again. I like light candy bars. One of my faves is the Whatchamacallit bar. Peanut butter rice crisp with a thin layer of caramel on top, covered in chocolate. It's got a light, satisfying crunch to it and then a chew from the caramel. It's very good. I almost bought one the other day.

Croissants. I love croissants. Plain. With butter. With butter & jam. And I love chocolate croissants. Regular croissants filled with dark chocolate. Good chocolate. I got Steve a different kind the other day. They were out of chocolate. Blueberry cream cheese was my choice. It sounded so good; it looked so good. I might have to get one next time.

Finally, I recently tried a few bites of a Payday bar. I really like them but I never buy them. It's nougat (I think) or chewy (not too soft) caramel rolled in sweetened peanuts. With a little salt. It was so good that I didn't even miss chocolate. Actually, I thought there was chocolate in it. That's how good it was. You don't even miss it. Okay guys, Mmmm...candy. Eat Something Good!

2 comments:

Unknown November 7, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

Paydays I don't like. Whatchamacalit is THE BEST Jerry, THE BEST. (Or is is the Greatest? Google isn't helping me)

Olivia/Livy (^.^)v November 7, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

Hi, Gracie.
So glad to know that you're doing Blogger as well. I'm a newbie here. Just started in August 2008.

Wow... you have a sweet tooth.
I prefer food than sweets most of the time, but there are some special sweets I can't say no to.
Come and take a look at them here in my Blogger, I bet you'll love them as well.
Here's the link:
http://shoppingfreedom4ever.blogspot.com/2008/11/handmade-cookies-from-my-home-town.html
Enjoy (^_^)v

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP