Chicken Stir-Fry

>> Monday, November 24, 2008

I seldom do stir-fry dishes mostly because I don't have a wok and I feel like you need one to make a good stir-fry. I might add that I don't know exactly how to cook in one nor do I have recipes for sauces and such. Last night, I cut up chicken tenderloins into bite-size pieces. (Actually I put Steve to work.) I sauteed that up in olive oil and set them aside. Oh, I threw in two garlic cubes half way through cooking it. Then I threw in the bag of vegetables. I let them cook a little before I added the sauce which was composed of soy sauce, sugar, ground ginger, paprika, cayenne pepper (a hint) and freshly ground black pepper. I let the vegetables (Frozen bag of Bird's Eye broccoli stir-fry - broccoli, carrots, onions, red peppers, water chestnuts, mushroom & celery) - Let them cook through a little bit more and add the flour to the center of the pan, pushing the vegetables along the outer edge. Stir. When it bubbles and cooks through, throw the chicken back in. Oh, I didn't add the flour directly to the pan. I shook it up with chicken stock in a little jar and then poured it into the center of the pan. I served it over plain ole Uncle Benz rice though I think an asian rice would've been better or oh, wait..brown rice would've been really nice. .

The verdict. We liked it a whole lot. The chicken was tender (as Steve commented) and the sauce came out so nicely. I was worried that it was too salty, but then I found that you needed that to flavor the chicken & vegetables. I used to order beef with broccoli all the time in college. That and chicken lo mein were the few dishes I had. Anyway, the sauce tasted very similar to very good beef & broccoli sauce. I put so much food on Steve's plate that he actually couldn't finish it. I gave the rest to Sid and he thought it was Mmm, mmm good. I want you guys to have a nice Mmm, mmm experience while you Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP