Steak Salad

>> Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We use sirloin steak tips when making our salad. They're these six inch or so long pieces about 1" thick and wide. This is a salad that I've made many times before. It's an adaptation of a diner meal we used to get at the El dorado diner in Tarrytown, NY. It's grilled steak with salad greens including raddichio, grape tomatoes, red onions and crumbled gorgonzola cheese. I'm just realizing now that I forgot a critical ingredient: cannellini beans. I guess we missed it last night. I make a basic vinaigrette for it. My usual balsamic vinaigrette.

The steak was slightly overcooked but definitely edible. I cut the steak into managable pieces - actually did them the way Steve likes. I usually make em bigger. So the steak. I actually sorta liked the small charred pieces. They had a nice flavor. The red onions were mild, the tomatoes bursted and gorgonzola cheese just goes really well with the steak. We will be having this meal again and again and again. Okay, folks. Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP