Center Diner

>> Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Center diner is one of those little, trailer ee, diners a few towns over. From the outside, it looks pretty dumpy and it doesn't get any prettier on the inside. Steve got a cheeseburger deluxe and I got chicken fingers deluxe. The chicken fingers were good. Even Steve thought so and he doesn't usually eat them. He wasn't loving his burger so we shared my fingers with a very good honey mustard dipping sauce. And though I didn't eat all my fries, they were good. We walked out of there with a $17 bill and that included drinks. Steve had a large chocolate milk shake. I tasted it, it was good. Very rich. Very chocolatey. We had a late dinner last night that involved me driving to McD's at around 11p to hit the dollar menu. I drove home as quickly as I could so the fries wouldn't get cold. We each had two double cheeseburgers, large fries, 4pc chicken mcnuggets with honey mustard and barbecue sauce and an apple pie. That was a good amount of food. And I inhaled it. Yes, it was a bad eating day for us. It also didn't help that Steve went crazy at Rite Aid and bought all these little packages of mini candy bars. Snickers, Baby Ruth, M&M's, Reese's peanut butter cups and a couple more. So yesterday was a no no day.

Today, so far I've been good. We stopped over a friend's house to see their daughter's new born. Oh my god. The thing had a full head of dark hair and it was sooo tiny. It was shocking. It felt so good to look at her laying there, stare at her every movements. Her little lips and fingers. Sigh. Anyway, I had one piece of cantaloupe while I was there and turned down an offer of burgers and hot dogs. I was good. Now I'm hungry and there's still candy in the house. I must be strong. I must fight the urge. Steve went up to Adams Fairacre Farms by himself this morning because I woke up with a killer headache. I told him that this batch was his deal, that I wasn't going to participate. He's fully aware of this and claims that this batch will be the best of all. I'm sure I'll end up helping him out. I like chopping tomatoes. It's somewhat satisfying. Incidentally, I was having like a million and one problems with my computer and Steve said it's because Window's suck. So he wiped it out and I am currently running on Linux. Ubuntu. So far, so good. And everything loads so much faster. Anyway, it's nice out. Steve's painting. I must go water him now. Eat something good!


Peekskill Diner
13 Bank St
Peekskill, NY 10566

Adam's Fairacre Farms
1240 Rt 300
Newburgh, NY

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP