Lean Cuisine Salisbury Steak

>> Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I labored for hours this morning making salisbury steak with portobello mushroom gravy, sour cream & chive whipped potatoes and honey glazed carrots. I had it for lunch and it was pretty okay. Hehehe. I'm just having fun with you. I didn't make any of that. Not after making sauce last night. It tuckered me out. Yes, it was a frozen thing and yes, it had the words Lean Cuisine on it. Really, it wasn't that bad. The carrots, though, didn't really taste honey glazed. I mean they were sweet but not super sweet. They just tasted like pretty decent carrots. And I have to admit, I liked the whipped potatoes. Maybe it was the sour cream & chive thing. I don't know. The salisbury steak itself was not that bad. I've had "meatier" kinds that you got a good chew out of. This stuff was on the soft side like they'd ground up the meat fine with plenty of ingredients to cut it. The portobello mushroom gravy wasn't that bad. It was doable. They were pretty sparing with the mushrooms tho. All in all, I'd buy it again. I'm trying to be good today so 270kcals is really good. Whisper. I had Life cereal with 1% milk. Still I'm hovering around 500kcals. I'm happy with those figures. Oh, by the way, the Lean Cuisine entree needs to be hit with a little salt. Otherwise it's a little bland especially the steak and gravy part. Okay, pray for me that I won't eat again til dinner though I have a feeling that tortilla chips and hummus will make an appearance later this afternoon. Ciao for now. Eat something good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP