Clairmont Diner

>> Monday, September 1, 2008

Diners around here are steadily increasing their prices. I no longer feel like I get a good value from them. (I think the portions are getting smaller too - it's been my suspicion. So the Clairmont Diner - in Yonkers, NY. It was crazy. They had a twin cheeseburger deluxe for $7.75. That's dirt cheap around here. And they were good sized burgers. They were thin and wide. As wide as the bun which wasn't too small. I must've used like a pint of ketchup tonight. Oh, Steve had the other twin. The burger. We both thought they were pretty good. I ate the fries on the deluxe platter. Steve had fries with his turkey club (fresh turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo on white toast.) I had half of it. It needed a good amount of mayo on it but it was pretty good. OR we were just starving. No, it couldn't have been just that. You can tell. I usually can. I mean there are times I'm eating something yucky'ish but I keep eating cause I'm starving and I can't stop even though I want to. Red flag. Eating disorder? Who knew...I'm probably a compulsive overeater. I pretty sure that I exhibit that kind of behavior at times, not all the time but a lot.

Dinner was worth the long motoride down there. Now Steve's wanting a sweet treat. He had a brilliant idea while we were motoring the way home. Take marshmallows and toss in simple syrup and then roll them in sugar in the raw and cinnamon. Then deep fry. I don't know if that'd work. I think the marshmallow would just melt hitting the hot oil. And the thought overall for me is that it'd be way too sweet. I mean rolling a sweet in more sweet? I guess it can be done. It gets done with say, ice cream bars all the time. And I do love a good Hagaan Daaz chocolate dark chocolate ice cream bar. I'm gonna go watch a show about how to make tomato paste now. Wow, pretty tomatoes! See yas. Eat something good!

Clairmont Diner
929 Yonkers Ave

Yonkers, NY 10704

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP