Gigi's Pizza & Wedges

>> Sunday, September 7, 2008

Last night, in the middle of the pouring rain, we went to get Steve a haircut. He looks so cute now. His hair was getting quite unruly. Anyway, afterwards we went to our favorite pizzeria. And the name. It's not called just Gigi's Pizza. It's called Gigi's Pizza & Wedges. So that's what we did. We had a plain slice each. I think it'd just been made. The slice was really very good. The wedges, though we'd tried both eggplant and veal cutlet with mixed reviews, well I wanted more last night. When we had the wedges previously, the eggplant was always really very nice but the veal was too dry. They'd overcooked the thin slices of veal which isn't too hard to do as veal cooks up kinda quickly. Last night we split a meatball parm and an eggplant parm. I'm sad to report this but we were kinda disappointed and that's hard to say about our favorite pizzeria. The meatball, first time trying it, wasn't too bad. The meatballs were a little too bland for my liking though you could taste a little seasoning towards the end of each bite after chewing a bit. Overall, it just wasn't an outstanding wedge. And the eggplant. I was so disappointed with the eggplant that neither of us finished our wedge halves. The eggplant tasted freezer burnt to me. It was just yucky and that made me sad. Anyway, we made up for it afterwards by treating ourselves to Good Humor ice cream bars and sundaes. I had a chocolate eclair bar and Steve had a toasted almond. A few hours later we had our sundaes which wasn't as good as my eclair bar. So that's the food report for now. Eat something good!

Gigi's Pizza & Wedges
3651 Lee Rd
Jefferson Valley, NY

(Next to Decicco's)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP