Pastrami Sandwich

>> Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Today's lunch was pretty good. I went to the grocery store and picked some stuff up for dinner and Steve's lunches. When I got home, and after I put away the groceries, I set out to make myself a really good sandwich. Hot pastrami and swiss on a poppy seed kaiser roll with Gulden's brown mustard. At first, I couldn't find the pastrami. I thought maybe I'd left it in the trunk, but no luck. Then I saw it was in the refrigerator in the same bag as the ground sirloin. I was so worried then so psyched.

I nuked the meat and cheese before putting it on the bread. And that's how I like my pastrami sammies. I don't really like lettuce and tomatoes and stuff on it. I like it straight up. It'd been on my mind for several weeks now after having read someone else's blog about this awesome sounding pastrami sandwich.

The best pastrami I've ever had is from Katz Deli in NYC on Houston Street. It's pretty well known and their cafeteria like setting is relaxing. I feel comfortable there. I mean it's decorated with pictures of celebrities who've eaten there and there were quite a few. I think even Bjork (singer) had a pic up there. They make a pretty fat sandwich. And their pastrami just melts in your mouth. It's delicious. If ever in NYC, I highly recommend that you get a pastrami on rye from there. I'm overdue for one. I'll dream about for a little longer...Eat something good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP