China Garden

>> Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We ordered chinese food last night. I had the shrimp lo mein with brown rice and an egg roll. Steve had the shrimp chow mein with pork fried rice and an eggroll. It was all decent. Steve didn't gripe about how much he dislikes chinese food after he'd eaten it. That's the usual course of events. He'll want it, eat it then complain about how much he dislikes it. We don't love chinese food. We prefer vietnamese, korean or thai and I'm sure there are others. I like to have it once in a while. I get cravings. Oh, we shared an order of steamed dumplings and we both liked them a lot. Even Sid. He was being so bad while we ate on the couch in the living room on our tv tables. Usually, he'll try for a few seconds and the give up right away and lay down. Last night, he was unstoppable. I don't know how many times we had to shoo him away. Then finally, after I'd finished eating, I gave Sid the rest of my lo mein with brown rice. I thought he was satisfied afterwards as he'd just eaten his regular dinner (dry food) less then a half-hour beforehand. But no, while we weren't paying attention, he went for the last dumpling. Bad boy. I took it away from him and yelled at him. Steve wanted me to throw it out but I couldn't. It seemed like such a waste. So, I made him wait several minutes then I gave it to him like it was the most special treat in the world. He took his time to eat it. He savored it. He really likes them. I spoil him sometimes. It actually feels good to do so even though I know it's not good practice to spoil your dog. Anyway, I'm going to attempt to not eat much today. My weight loss efforts have come to a halt and though, I haven't gained weight, I'm having trouble continuing on the path. Topic switch. Linux. So far, everything I usually use (which isn't much) - I use firefox for the internet and a new IM client called Pidgen (instead of AIM which I was using). It's compatible with Aim, Adium (for macs) and a few others. Using linux, and with Steve's input, I'm noticing that there are so many things including widgets availabe. For instance, I have a virtual flower on my desktop that I have to water everyday for it to grow. No growth so far - forgot to water it yesterday. The only thing we can't figure out is how to get my game word racer going. Steve has been working on it. So, I do notice that things load faster. I was having a lot of trouble going from page to page, link to link. Linux is much better for that. I like Linux. It's not too different for my regular usage - which again - is primarily the internet. I haven't messed around with other applications as much. But it's not too difficult (even for me) to figure out how stuff works. Aside from the fonts changing and giving it a new face, everything I'm used to seems similar enough for me to handle. Okay, that's the word on my puting stuff. Have a nice day and Eat something good!

China Garden
980 S Lake Blvd
Mahopac, NY 10541

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP