Spaghetti & Meat Sauce

>> Thursday, September 4, 2008

I wish we had some of our homemade and home canned fresh plum tomato sauce. I make a very simple sauce. The taste of the tomatoes is so good that you don't need much. I use bay leaves, garlic and s&p. We blanch the tomatoes and then put them through a food mill then I make my sauce. That's it. Anyway, we had ziti and meat sauce last night and I was a little disappointed. The sauce was fine. I cheated and used Ragu meat flavored sauce (It's 100% natural). I don't really like other sauces too much. Not even the expensive ones. I feel like, hey! I can do better. So the sauce, I sauteed some garlic and bay leaves then added the ground chuck. Then I added the jarred sauce. The most important part of this sauce is the freshly ground nutmeg. That adds a great deal of flavor and works with the sauce nicely. I was disappointed by the meat part. I bought a 90/10 mixture that I thought was ground sirloin. Turned out it was ground chuck. For some reason, the meat was stringy and chewy and I didn't like that at all. However, we ate and enjoyed it for the most part. I have some leftovers but I don't want any of it. I'll try to feed it to Steve though I think it'll sit there for a week and then get thrown out. Guys! Listen! Eat Something Good!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP