Chicken Cutlets Paprikesh

>> Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I made cutlets paprikesh last night. The first time I made it, I used the right amount of paprika that the recipe called for and I thought the flavor was too strong. I decided that this time I'd half the paprika and add a little more sour cream which is what I did. And I didn't have the necessary 1/4" thick turkey cutlets, I had tenderloins. Ugh tenderloins. I kept picturing little chicken tenderloins in my mind so when I opened up the package to find two giant turkey tenderloins, it freaked me out a little. I felt weird and a little scared to work with it. I sometimes have problems with raw meats - too much thinking about how much I love all animals except for insects that I kill without any problems. So, I decide to make them into smaller pieces and grossed myself out all the while I was preparing the meat. So into the flour it goes with spices and herbs. (flour, thyme, paprika, cayenne, salt and black pepper.) I omitted the cayenne hoping to give it a smoother taste without any heat interruptions. Well, I used the right amount of stock, tomato paste and a little more sour cream then usual. I served it over rice.

It turned out okay. Pretty good. I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those dishes I can never recreate. It'll taste different every time. And it did. This batch lacked a little flavor. As Steve said, it was good but he kept waiting for a little zing. And I too, thought the flavor should've opened up a bit. I did use fresh parsley this time and added it to the dish and also tossed some into the uncle benz rice that I made using water, not stock. And oh dear. I forgot to add some olive oil to the grilled squash and peppers. They were a little drier than usual but still good. So, no the dish didn't turn out like I'd hope it would but I'll be working on it some more. Now I know to use even a little more paprika, not to omit the cayenne and lay low on the sour cream. I still want to add one more ingredient to perhaps, as Steve said, give it a little zing. I'm thinking I need some acid in there but I don't know if the sour cream will curdle if I do that. Hmmmm....ponder that later and in the meantime, Eat Something Good!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP