Not McDonald's Filet-O-Fish

>> Friday, September 12, 2008

I tried to re-create the fish sandwich from McDonald's last night. The fish part was pretty good. It surprised me. It was quite meaty. And would you believe we bought store brand battered fish? Yes, stop n shop. I'd buy it again if the urge so strikes me. We don't eat fried fish that often. Actually, we don't have fish very often. I wish I could be disciplined enough to go to the store one extra time per week and have a fish night. So the fish sandwiches. I threw the battered fish filets on hamburger buns (no seeds) with american cheese and tarter sauce. I heated up the buns with the cheese in the oven before I put the batter fish filet and sauce on it. I wish I could say I really loved it. I mean I really wanted to - I put pressure on myself to like it. BUT! We made the fatal error of using McCormick's fat-free tartar sauce. It was too sweet and lacked depth. Just awful. I will never buy it again. It totally ruined the whole sandwich. I was a little bumbed.

So if you attempt to make something similar but are still trying to "diet" the way Steve & I do, stay away from McCormick's fat-free tarter sauce! Yeah, don't eat that stuff...Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP