Asiago Cheese Omlette

>> Wednesday, October 15, 2008



I was feeling uninspired last night so I made a trash meal. I made omlettes. Steve & I differ on cooking methods. He tends to let the omlette just sit there, (not touching it) until the top sets up enough to put the cheese on. The result tends be a well cooked omlette. Browned on the bottom. I've eaten plenty of them over the years. When I make it, I slowly stir the eggs around. Then I swirl it around the pan by literally picking the pan up and tilting it this way and that to redistribute the liquidy, uncooked egg that sits on top. I lower the heat and let it cook slowly as not to burn the bottom. Half the time, when I'm not feeling incredibly lazy, I put a little foil tent over it very loosely. Sometimes it's a hit; sometimes it's a miss.

These were three egg omlettes. I used plenty of butter making them. I like asiago cheese, I was gonna add some sauteed tomatoes to it but I got lazy. Actually, I thought we had to be somewhere so I was rushing. I served them with hash browns (the McDonald's kind) - only these were store brand, a little bigger and actually crisped up nicely in the oven. (Though they were darker in color than theirs.) Previously, Steve fried them in oil. I know I don't make the wisest food choices in the world, but frying already fried potatoes made me feel like - uhh, not good. Something like veins busting. Anyway, I also made whole wheat toast (Pepperidge Farms farmhouse bread) with plenty of butter again. I don't know why the heck I was using so much butter last night. And it's been me trying to get us back on track. Hmmm. So that was dinner last night.

The verdict. The omelette was somewhat greasy (from all the butter) but it tasted good. Asiago cheese melts nicely. And its flavor is really good. I really like it. I can't put my finger on what I like about it but I'll keep researching it. Ie: Gobble, gobble! The problem with the asiago cheese is that it almost overwhelmed the flavor of the omelette (the eggs). (Perhaps I used a little too much.) That's where the whole wheat toast came in. Steve likes to cut off a piece of omelette and place it on the toast. Then he folds it in half and takes a bite. He encourages me to do it all the time. The first time I did it, I didn't fold the toast. I placed a bite size piece on the corner of the toast and took a bite. I enjoyed that very much and continue to do it today. But I only do it at home for some reason. I eat my toast separately in diners. The hash browns were very crispy and very doable. Steve & I were quite surprised. He was convinced that baking them wouldn't produce a nice crunch. Mmmm, I love breakfast foods at dinner. I even do pancakes! I hope I gave you some nice ideas so that you can Eat Something Good!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP