Steak burgers

>> Monday, October 20, 2008

When we go to our little local market (about a mile away), we usually get their ground chuck. I love it when Steve orders, he calls it chopped meat. I'm not sure why I get such a kick out of it. I always ask for the ground chuck. Anyway, off to the side they have prepackaged burgers. Steak burgers as it's written on the package. We were psyched all day long thinking about dinner. We had them very simply. Pan fried with american cheese and ketchup (also mayo for him.) Both on fresh kaiser rolls. The burgers were pretty big as were the rolls. They were poofier than usual. Still good.

On the side, we had Kay and Ray potato chips. Sometimes our little market carries strange, unusual products. We never see these anywhere else and they only get them once in a while there. The special thing about these chips are that they're fried in lard. Yes, you heard correctly. Lard. They are dark brown, thin and lightly salted. We were addicted to them when they first came out. They're even darker than Cape Cod Russet Brown (?) potato chips. I love those as well too. Maybe even more.

The verdict on the burger. Well, Steve couldn't stop apologizing for overcooking the burgers. He commented that not one drop of juice came out of it. That was true but I didn't think it was as bad as he made it out to be. He's done far more damage as I have in the past. And for some reason, I wasn't liking that he put so much cheese on it. On three bites, the center ones, I was overwhelmed with the flavor of Land O' Lakes yellow american cheese. I kept telling myself that that's about how much cheese I'd be eating if it were a grilled cheese sandwich and that made it a little better. It didn't occur to me to just take some of it off and feed it to Sid. About the chips, I mentioned that the Kay & Ray potato chips were thin. I didn't mention that they are possibly the thinnest potato chip I've ever had. Unfortunately you pay a small price for that. It settles during shipping and breaks up into smaller pieces more than regular chips. Nonetheless, they were a nice side to the burgers. See you guys later and Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP