Chicken "Parm"

>> Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I tried a repeat of the lo-cal oven fried chicken. I used thinly sliced chicken. I forgot one critical step. I forgot to dip the chicken in dressing before rolling them in bread crumbs. I don't actually roll them, I shake em up in a bag. Much easier. Less to clean up. I put our homemade sauce from batch #3 or #2 (don't recall) on top of the chicken and then hit it with provolone cheese. It melted quite nicely. I served it with freshly cut broccoli that I nuked with a wet (very) paper towel over it. And we had leftover shells that I heat up in a frying pan with a little olive oil and magic sauce. I put a fresh chiffonade of basil on top of both the chicken and the shells.

So, the dinner. It didn't turn out terrible but there was a major flaw. Firstly, I don't know if it's supposed to, but it wasn't crispy or crunchy. What was "edible" of it was really very good. But! A big but. There was a problem with texture. The outer two inches were fine. Maybe even three but the center portion was a little too tender if that's possible. I kept checking to make sure it wasn't pink and it wasn't. Though afterwards I felt as though I could've possibly poisoned Steve as well as myself. Back to food. Aside from the middle of the chicken mishap, it was a good dinner. If I only could curb my thoughts of possibly having poisoned someone. The broccoli was perfect as per Steve and the cooked shells were good. The sauce adhered to the shells nicely. And the olive oil loosened it up just a bit.

Food. Yum. Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP