Tuna-Rosemary Pasta

>> Thursday, October 16, 2008

Very mixed reviews for this one. Last night for dinner, I made tuna-rosemary pasta (thin linguine). To some, this dish may sound disgusting. To me, it doesn't sound so bad but it sounds better in Italian. Something al' tonnato (sp?). So the dish exists, I didn't make it up. Actually the person who taught me the basics of Hungarian goulash taught me how to make this dish as well. It's a very simple dish. All you need is dried rosemary, garlic, tomato sauce (we used our homemade sauce) and the main ingredient: tuna packed in olive oil. Heat oil. Sautee garlic and rosemary. Add sauce. Add tuna. Heat through.

I happen to like this dish. I haven't had it in like fifteen years but it crept up in my mind from time to time. Steve's verdict. I'd have to say that he hated it. He definitely doesn't want that one in the rotation. As for myself, I'll be having the leftovers for lunch. Oh, I served it with escarole sauteed in olive oil, red wine vinegar, white wine and nutmeg. I didn't cook it enough for Steve. He couldn't eat that either. I do agree that it needed to be cooked a little longer, but I enjoyed it. It reminded me of the texture of a good kimchi (korean pickled/fermented cabbage).

In my mind, last night was a dinner bomb because Steve didn't enjoy it. I feel responsible to cook him or anyone a good meal. I want to see and hear satisfaction and perhaps even delight. I feel good knowing that a good meal was had. (But ya know, dinner bombs will occur from time to time so I'm not too discouraged.) Be nice to yourself today and Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP