Epstein's

>> Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You won't find real butter or cheese for that burger here, but you definitely won't miss it. Last night we were lured into Epstein's (kosher restaurant) for a simple hot dog. When the hostess seated us, I changed my mind about the hot dog and went for something I've enjoyed in the past. I had a hot open faced beef brisket sandwich with brown gravy and french fries. After Steve heard my order, he changed his mind on his own order and got what I got.

Whenever you go to Epstein's, they bring you pickles (2 kinds: one very garlicky and one salty and without much of a vinegar zing), fresh cole slaw (it's very slightly sweet and creamy like it'd just been made), and mini latkes (potato pancakes). These, usually good, weren't so good last night but we ate them anyways.

The beef brisket. Steve loved it. I thought it was pretty good but it could've used more gravy. And I thought the meat was just slighty dry. Steve said that's how it's supposed to be - that I was thinking about roast beef instead. *shrug* All I know is that I can't even come close to calling it succulent. Oh, the sandwich was served open on rye.

The fries. Love them. Many of the fries, medium cut (a little bigger than the size of Wendy's fries) lack crispiness. But that's the great part about it. They're still awesome. Every once in a while you get a fry with a little crisp and it's like rewarding to eat. The fries are dense and meaty but not too meaty.

To drink, I had what I always get here. One can of Dr. Brown's diet cream soda. Yum! Steve got Dr. Brown's celery soda. I have no idea how he can drink the stuff. It's ucky. It may, however, be interesting to make a fizzy bloody mary with it.

For dessert, we got a small container of assorted rugeluch (sp?). They were not dry but not as moist as some are. I wonder if they're moist because they don't bake them enough. I don't know. These were pretty good. I enjoyed them. Ok guys, do like I do and Eat something good!

Epstein's Kosher Delicatessen
387 N Central Ave
Hartsdale, NY 10530

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP